Clive Lloyd’s godson eyed as future England ODI player
London: West Indies legend Sir Clive Lloyd’s godson Keith Barker maybe selected for the England cricket team for one day internationals this summer.
Barker, 25, who plays for Warwickshire, is likely to attract attention in the limited-overs cricket match.
“If you’re a left-armer who can do what he does and he can clear the ropes with the bat as well, let’s not forget that – then I suppose you’re going to get talked about,” a daily quoted Warwickshire’s Director of Cricket, Ashley Giles, as saying.
The former professional footballer for Blackburn, if selected, would be the first left-arm pace bowler since Ryan Sidebottom to make the national squad.
Sidebottom was a member of the 2010 World Twenty20 winning team before he retired from the sport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read