CLT20: PCB applies for Faisalabad Wolves` visa
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has applied for visas for the Faisalabad Wolves team which is scheduled to take part in the Champions League T20 in India next month.
An official source said that although the BCCI had not yet confirmed the participation of the Faisalabad team in the league, the PCB had started the process to obtain visas for the players and officials.
"We have been in regular contact with the BCCI over the participation of the Faisalabad Wolves team in the Champions League but so far they have said they were awaiting final word from their government," the source said.
"But they advised us that we should continue our process to send the team to India like obtaining all travel documents and visas for them," he added.
The participation of the Faisalabad team that is led by Test captain, Misbah-ul-Haq has become doubtful after tensions escalated along the Line of Control.
The source said the PCB remained hopeful the BCCI would eventually facilitate the participation of the Pakistani national T20 champions.
The Faisalabad side first plays two qualifying matches in Hyderabad before it is confirmed if it would feature in the main round of the lucrative event.
Last year Sialkot Stallions represented Pakistan for the first time in the league in South Africa.
The source said the PCB had started the process to obtain visas and other documents because even if the BCCI confirmation came late the team could travel at a short notice to India.
"The Faisalabad team players in Pakistan have also been advised to start their training for the league while Misbah and other players of the Faisalabad team like Saeed Ajmal will join the team directly from Zimbabwe," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared