CLT20: T&T beat Cape Cobras by 2 wkts in a CLT20 thriller
Chennai: Trinidad and Tobago made a dramatic late onslaught as they pulled off a sensational two-wicket victory over Cape Cobras in a Champions League Twenty20 thriller on Tuesday.
Chasing a modest target of 138, T&T were struggling from the start of their run chase as they were reduced to 26 for two in the sixth over with both the openers falling cheaply.
Wickets fell regularly and T&T needed 24 runs from the last two overs with three wickets in hand at the M A Chidambaram Stadium.
But, the match swung into live in the last two overs as T&T took 15 runs from the penultimate over bowled by fast bowler Dale Steyn who had conceded just three runs and scalped one wicket from his three overs till then.
Nine runs were needed from the final over and T&T romped home with two balls to spare.
Darren Bravo top-scored with a 36-ball 29 while Kevon Cooper hung on till the end with 24 not out to take T&T to victory. Cooper, who hoisted Steyn for a six in the penultimate over to tilt the match in his side's favour, hit the winning runs.
With the win in their last Group A match, T&T collected four points from two wins in four league matches while Cape Cobras ended their campaign with three points.
Earlier, T&T never looked like chasing down the modest target.
Steyn bowled a fiery first over maiden and came back to dismiss William Perkins (6) in his next over with a ball which straightened after pitching between middle and leg to win a LBW shout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra