CLT20: T&T beat Cape Cobras by 2 wkts in a CLT20 thriller
Chennai: Trinidad and Tobago made a dramatic late onslaught as they pulled off a sensational two-wicket victory over Cape Cobras in a Champions League Twenty20 thriller on Tuesday.
Chasing a modest target of 138, T&T were struggling from the start of their run chase as they were reduced to 26 for two in the sixth over with both the openers falling cheaply.
Wickets fell regularly and T&T needed 24 runs from the last two overs with three wickets in hand at the M A Chidambaram Stadium.
But, the match swung into live in the last two overs as T&T took 15 runs from the penultimate over bowled by fast bowler Dale Steyn who had conceded just three runs and scalped one wicket from his three overs till then.
Nine runs were needed from the final over and T&T romped home with two balls to spare.
Darren Bravo top-scored with a 36-ball 29 while Kevon Cooper hung on till the end with 24 not out to take T&T to victory. Cooper, who hoisted Steyn for a six in the penultimate over to tilt the match in his side's favour, hit the winning runs.
With the win in their last Group A match, T&T collected four points from two wins in four league matches while Cape Cobras ended their campaign with three points.
Earlier, T&T never looked like chasing down the modest target.
Steyn bowled a fiery first over maiden and came back to dismiss William Perkins (6) in his next over with a ball which straightened after pitching between middle and leg to win a LBW shout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!