Clubs want MCA media box to be named after Thackeray
Mumbai: Two clubs affiliated to the Mumbai Cricket Association have moved a resolution ahead of its AGM tomorrow to name the newly constructed state-of-the-art media centre at the Wankhede Stadium after the late Shiv Sena supremo, Bal Thackeray.
"A resolution has been received by the MCA seven days ago from the Khandala CC and Hinduja Hospital CC asking us to take it up at the AGM," said MCA secretary Nitin Dalal on Thursday.
But, Dalal added that for such a resolution to be taken up at the association`s AGM, it has to first come up at its managing committee.
"This has not come up before the managing committee. The president (Ravi Savant) has to take a call on it, I suppose," said Dalal.
MCA has never before named the press box at the Wankhede Stadium after any person. MCA has named its stands after cricketers - Vijay Merchant, Sunil Gavaskar, Ramesh Divecha and Sachin Tendulkar.
The two entrances to the stadium bear the names of two other players - Polly Umrigar and Vinoo Mankad - while the dressing room was named after Vijay Manjrekar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman