Clubs want MCA media box to be named after Thackeray
Mumbai: Two clubs affiliated to the Mumbai Cricket Association have moved a resolution ahead of its AGM tomorrow to name the newly constructed state-of-the-art media centre at the Wankhede Stadium after the late Shiv Sena supremo, Bal Thackeray.
"A resolution has been received by the MCA seven days ago from the Khandala CC and Hinduja Hospital CC asking us to take it up at the AGM," said MCA secretary Nitin Dalal on Thursday.
But, Dalal added that for such a resolution to be taken up at the association`s AGM, it has to first come up at its managing committee.
"This has not come up before the managing committee. The president (Ravi Savant) has to take a call on it, I suppose," said Dalal.
MCA has never before named the press box at the Wankhede Stadium after any person. MCA has named its stands after cricketers - Vijay Merchant, Sunil Gavaskar, Ramesh Divecha and Sachin Tendulkar.
The two entrances to the stadium bear the names of two other players - Polly Umrigar and Vinoo Mankad - while the dressing room was named after Vijay Manjrekar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre