Commonwealth Bank to sponsor Australian Test team, series
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) and the Commonwealth Bank Wednesday announced a renewal of their long-standing partnership with Commonwealth Bank set to become the Test team and Test series partner for the next four Australian seasons beginning with this summer’s Ashes in Australia.
They will continue their support of the women’s team, ranked No.1 in Tests, One-Day Internationals (ODI) and Twenty20, in the world.
CA CEO James Sutherland said: ‘Commonwealth Bank is Cricket Australia’s longest-standing sponsor and we are absolutely delighted that this rare opportunity has come up to have them come on board as our Test cricket sponsor. We have had a wonderful relationship for over 26 years with the Commonwealth Bank and they have partnered with us on ODIs for the past seven seasons.’
Commonwealth Bank CEO Ian Narev said: ‘Over the last 26 years we have been involved with Australia’s favourite sport from grassroots to grandstands. Test cricket is the pinnacle of Australian cricket, so we are proud to strengthen our commitment to the game by becoming the new sponsor of the Australian Test team and Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees