Commonwealth Bank to sponsor Australian Test team, series
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) and the Commonwealth Bank Wednesday announced a renewal of their long-standing partnership with Commonwealth Bank set to become the Test team and Test series partner for the next four Australian seasons beginning with this summer’s Ashes in Australia.
They will continue their support of the women’s team, ranked No.1 in Tests, One-Day Internationals (ODI) and Twenty20, in the world.
CA CEO James Sutherland said: ‘Commonwealth Bank is Cricket Australia’s longest-standing sponsor and we are absolutely delighted that this rare opportunity has come up to have them come on board as our Test cricket sponsor. We have had a wonderful relationship for over 26 years with the Commonwealth Bank and they have partnered with us on ODIs for the past seven seasons.’
Commonwealth Bank CEO Ian Narev said: ‘Over the last 26 years we have been involved with Australia’s favourite sport from grassroots to grandstands. Test cricket is the pinnacle of Australian cricket, so we are proud to strengthen our commitment to the game by becoming the new sponsor of the Australian Test team and Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters