Commonwealth Bank to sponsor Australian Test team, series
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) and the Commonwealth Bank Wednesday announced a renewal of their long-standing partnership with Commonwealth Bank set to become the Test team and Test series partner for the next four Australian seasons beginning with this summer’s Ashes in Australia.
They will continue their support of the women’s team, ranked No.1 in Tests, One-Day Internationals (ODI) and Twenty20, in the world.
CA CEO James Sutherland said: ‘Commonwealth Bank is Cricket Australia’s longest-standing sponsor and we are absolutely delighted that this rare opportunity has come up to have them come on board as our Test cricket sponsor. We have had a wonderful relationship for over 26 years with the Commonwealth Bank and they have partnered with us on ODIs for the past seven seasons.’
Commonwealth Bank CEO Ian Narev said: ‘Over the last 26 years we have been involved with Australia’s favourite sport from grassroots to grandstands. Test cricket is the pinnacle of Australian cricket, so we are proud to strengthen our commitment to the game by becoming the new sponsor of the Australian Test team and Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?