Commonwealth Bank to sponsor Australian Test team, series
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) and the Commonwealth Bank Wednesday announced a renewal of their long-standing partnership with Commonwealth Bank set to become the Test team and Test series partner for the next four Australian seasons beginning with this summer’s Ashes in Australia.
They will continue their support of the women’s team, ranked No.1 in Tests, One-Day Internationals (ODI) and Twenty20, in the world.
CA CEO James Sutherland said: ‘Commonwealth Bank is Cricket Australia’s longest-standing sponsor and we are absolutely delighted that this rare opportunity has come up to have them come on board as our Test cricket sponsor. We have had a wonderful relationship for over 26 years with the Commonwealth Bank and they have partnered with us on ODIs for the past seven seasons.’
Commonwealth Bank CEO Ian Narev said: ‘Over the last 26 years we have been involved with Australia’s favourite sport from grassroots to grandstands. Test cricket is the pinnacle of Australian cricket, so we are proud to strengthen our commitment to the game by becoming the new sponsor of the Australian Test team and Test series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco