Confident India A would aim to seal the series vs NZ A
Visakhapatnam: After notching up a convincing win in the opening game, India A will look to seal the three-match unofficial ODI series against New Zealand A when the two sides clash in their second encounter at the Dr Y S Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium here on Tuesday.
Riding on India discard Robin Uthappa`s century and his match winning stand with skipper Unmukt Chand (94) in the first match, the Indian team overhauled the target with six wickets to spare, after two matches of the unofficial Test series ended in tame draws.
Uthappa, who is in ODI exile, would be hoping to produce another sparkling show to catch the eyes of national selectors with limited overs series against West Indies and South Africa in sight.
Unmukt would be disappointed on losing out on a three figure mark but after his twin failures in the Test series, the flamboyant knock yesterday signalled his return to form. The 20-year-old looked at ease and thrashed Kiwi bowlers all around the park and set up the Indian victory by adding 178 runs for the first wicket.
Though the Indian middle-order didn`t have much to do in the first match, the likes of Rajasthan left-hander Ashok Menaria, Maharashtra`s Kedar Jadhav and talented batsman Sanju Samson of Kerala would be itching to deliver whenever the opportunity comes.
The bowlers too stuck to a disciplined line and length and kept a check on the New Zealand A batsmen`s scoring rate, making their team`s task easier after they were asked to field.
Dhawal Kulkarni, Ashok Menaria and Rahul Sharma finished with three scalps each and a similar performance would be expected of them in the next game.
New Zealand, on the other hand, would be hoping for a better show from their top-order batsmen who all got starts but failed to convert them into big scores.
Anton Devcich (48), Carl Cachopa (45) and Tom Latham (37) squandered their positive starts, giving India an upper hand. Corey Anderson, centurion in the second Test, too failed to counter the Indian spinners like his other top-order mates.
Adam Milne (3 for 43) was the best Kiwi bowler in the last game, and he along with his skipper Andrew Ellis would aim to make early inroads into the Indian batting line-up to put pressure on the relatively inexperienced middle-order.
India: Unmukt Chand (captain), Robin Uthappa, Aditya Tare, (WK), Kedar Jadhav, Mandeep Singh, Ashok Menaria, Sanju Samson (wk), Sachin Baby, Dhawal Kulkarni, Basant Mohanty, Sandeep Sharma, Shrikant Wagh, Rahul Sharma, Jalaj Saxena.
New Zealand: Tom Latham, Luke Ronchi, Matthew Henry, Anton Devcich, Andrew Ellis (captain), Colin Munro, Scoot Kuggeleijn, Corey Anderson, Carl Cachopa, Todd Astle, Mark Gillespie, Doug Bracewell, Ish Sodhi, Daryl Mitchell, Adam Milne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'