Confident to beat India: Hafeez
karachi: "I am very confident and positive that we have the team to beat India and win both the series," Hafeez stated.
Misbah conceded that matches against India are always high-pressure games for players from both sides.
"But being professional players we are supposed to live and adjust to this unique pressure and I will be telling all the players to go and just play positively on the tour," Misbah added.
Asked about the omission of experienced all-rounder Abdul Razzaq from both squads and that of flamboyant all-rounder, Shahid Afridi from the ODI squad, Misbah said both had served Pakistan cricket well.
"But people must remember that any decision related to dropping a senior player is not just because of the captain such decisions are taken collectively." Misbah said.
Hafeez also insisted that there was no conspiracy behind the axing of Razzaq.
"There is no doubt about the ability of Razzaq and his performances but the selectors selected the squads keeping in mind the conditions in India," he explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- Next Reserve Bank of India chief faces balancing act on bank clean-up
- Delhi Court dismisses AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya's bail in alleged molestation case
- 24 years, 24 women, 24 lessons: Shah Rukh Khan sums up his Bollywood journey so far!
- Freedom 251 deliveries to begin from tomorrow
- Israel to maintain Gaza naval blockade after deal with Turkey: Netanyahu