Confident to beat India: Hafeez
karachi: "I am very confident and positive that we have the team to beat India and win both the series," Hafeez stated.
Misbah conceded that matches against India are always high-pressure games for players from both sides.
"But being professional players we are supposed to live and adjust to this unique pressure and I will be telling all the players to go and just play positively on the tour," Misbah added.
Asked about the omission of experienced all-rounder Abdul Razzaq from both squads and that of flamboyant all-rounder, Shahid Afridi from the ODI squad, Misbah said both had served Pakistan cricket well.
"But people must remember that any decision related to dropping a senior player is not just because of the captain such decisions are taken collectively." Misbah said.
Hafeez also insisted that there was no conspiracy behind the axing of Razzaq.
"There is no doubt about the ability of Razzaq and his performances but the selectors selected the squads keeping in mind the conditions in India," he explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday