Cook eyeing long-term England dominance until next World Cup
Sydney: England captain Alastair Cook expressed confidence about his team`s long-term success, saying that his team`s dominance in the game may go through until the World Cup in two years.
Stating that he believes that England`s recent lacklustre displays in the drawn Test series against New Zealand will soon be forgotten as they head into a busy programme, Cook said that there is a chance of winning the World Cup if they manage to have success in the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy and the Ashes.
Cook further said that winning the Champions Trophy and the World Cup is a major priority as the team has not won any of the events for a long time, adding that since the Champions Trophy will be held at England, the team hoped to make most of their home conditions to achieve success.
Cook further said that it is necessary for his team to keep developing if they want to win any of the tournaments, and added that his team needed to make amends for their tame showing in New Zealand.
However, Cook refused to accept England will start as firm favourites when Australia arrive for the Ashes after being hammered 4-0 in India recently, adding that Australia is going to be a tough side to beat in the Ashes .
The Champions Trophy begins on June 6 and England play in Group A against Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das