Cook very strong bloke in England dressing room: Swann
London: Off-spinner Graeme Swann has said that he is bit surprised by the England and Wales Cricket Board’s decision to appoint separate captains for Tests, one-dayers and Twenty20 matches, but welcomes the choice of leaders.
Swann said that one-day captain Alastair Cook may not have strong public interaction skills, but was a very strong personality in the England dressing room.
“He did a cracking job in Bangladesh last year when Straussy had a rest and he``s already been on the phone to me tossing around ideas. I`m sure he`s being lined up as Straussy`s successor in Test cricket in a few years.”
He said that he was surprised when Strauss stood down from the 50-over captaincy but added that “World Cups tend to be a watershed in some players`` careers.”
He described Strauss as a bright and brilliant speaker who could be Prime Minister one day.
“He is almost statesmanlike in his demeanour and that instantly gives him a lot of clout,” Swann said.
He also described new Twenty20 captain Stuart Broad as a very savvy cricketer - a real old head on young shoulders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan