Cook wants to finish brilliant winter with series win over Kiwis
London: England captain Alastair Cook has said that his team would look to finish off their brilliant winter season with a series win over New Zealand ahead of their final Test in Auckland, starting on Friday, after the first two matches ended in draw.
Cook believes his team can follow December`s historic series triumph in India with victory over the Kiwis.
Nick Compton establishing himself as Cook`s opening partner, Stuart Broad recapturing form and fitness and Graeme Swann undergoing a successful elbow operation are some of the positives England has taken from their current series ahead of all-important Ashes series.
Cook said they hope they are set fair for five days in the Third Test and they can actually get a result, adding they came here to win the series and, if they do, they would have had a really good winter.
Compton`s back-to-back centuries and Broad`s figures of 6-51, the third-best of his career, have been major pluses for England with an Ashes series less than four months away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets