Copeland keen to ‘build pressure’ on Kiwi batsmen in Brisbane Test
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Trent Copeland claims that he can be a point of difference in the team’s bowling attack, if recalled for next week’s first Test against New Zealand.
Copeland started his Test career by playing all three matches in Sri Lanka in August, but missed out on both Tests in South Africa.
With a question mark over fast bowlers Ryan Harris and Mitchell Johnson’s fitness, Copeland is one of several pacemen in contention for a crack at the Kiwis.
“I don’t really think that there’s another guy in the attack like me, which I suppose can hold me in good stead, or it can work against me,” the Age quoted Copeland, as saying.
When asked to elaborate on the difference he brings, the 25-year-old said: “I don’t bowl 150km/h an hour - I swing the ball a little bit both ways. I’m tall, hit the seam and try and build pressure and I suppose the other guys all have their different aspects and skill sets they bring to the table as well.”
“Not taking anything away from any of those guys whatsoever, but I think I can bring that pressure and hold up an end,” he added.
The first Test starts in Brisbane on December 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing