Cops probing Bollywood, Tollywood links in IPL spot-fixing
Mumbai: Mumbai police today grilled a casting director who sent photographs of models to S Sreesanth and has summoned a Telugu film producer having business links with the tainted India pacer for questioning in connection with its probe into the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
Sources in the Crime Branch, which is investigating the case, said Sreesanth`s e-mail account had dozens of photographs of models sent by the casting director over the past few months on request.
In some of those, he was found "moving very closely" with the models, they said, adding the cricketer`s laptop also had photographs of some foreigners, who could be cheerleaders.
"The director claimed that Sreesanth wanted the photographs of the models for the purpose of selecting them for advertisements to promote his company S36, which is into supplying mineral water, apparels and sports goods," a Crime Branch officer told PTI.
According to police, a Telugu film producer, who is believed to be in partnership with Sreesanth in the S36, has also been summoned.
"In a day or two, the producer will be questioned," the officer added.
He said a person from Tamarind Tours and Travels through which the cricketer booked two rooms in 5 star Sofitel hotel in suburban Bandra was also questioned.
Sources said they are also verifying if the casting director`s e-mails containing photos of the models were also sent to other cricketers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre