Court bars Sethi from working as PCB caretaker chairman
Islamabad: The Islamabad High Court has suspended the ad hoc committee of the Pakistan Cricket Board and issued contempt of court notices to the five committee members, which included the acting PCB chief Najam Sethi.
According to the Dawn, the High Court has also sought a reply from the members within four weeks.
A single-member bench IHC`s Judge Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui resumed the hearing over an appeal filed by the PCB against the decision under which interim chairman PCB was allowed to work only on a day-to-day basis and was asked to conduct the elections for the new chairman by Oct 18, the report said.
The court while restraining Chairman PCB Najam Sethi from performing his duties gave the charge of acting chairman of Pakistan`s cricket`s governing body to the Secretary PCB, the report added.
The court suspended the ad hoc committee and formed a commission to conduct the elections of the PCB`s chairman while stating that Justice (r) Munir A Shiekh would head the commission, according to the report.
The PCB`s elections would be conducted in November, the court added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch