Court bars Sethi from working as PCB caretaker chairman
Islamabad: The Islamabad High Court has suspended the ad hoc committee of the Pakistan Cricket Board and issued contempt of court notices to the five committee members, which included the acting PCB chief Najam Sethi.
According to the Dawn, the High Court has also sought a reply from the members within four weeks.
A single-member bench IHC`s Judge Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui resumed the hearing over an appeal filed by the PCB against the decision under which interim chairman PCB was allowed to work only on a day-to-day basis and was asked to conduct the elections for the new chairman by Oct 18, the report said.
The court while restraining Chairman PCB Najam Sethi from performing his duties gave the charge of acting chairman of Pakistan`s cricket`s governing body to the Secretary PCB, the report added.
The court suspended the ad hoc committee and formed a commission to conduct the elections of the PCB`s chairman while stating that Justice (r) Munir A Shiekh would head the commission, according to the report.
The PCB`s elections would be conducted in November, the court added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter