Court rejects bail pleas of seven bookies
Chennai: Facilitating the ongoing CB-CID investigation into the alleged IPL betting case, a local court today rejected the bail applications of seven bookies arrested by Tamil Nadu Police.
Spot-fixing in IPL: Full Coverage»
Saidapet Metropolitan Magistrate Saravanan declined to grant them bail.
The court sent Prashant, a key accused, to police custody for three days as sought by the Crime Branch-CID.
Meanwhile, Madras High Court today adjourned to May 29, hearing on an anticipatory bail application of Sanjay Kumar Bafna, who is on the look out by the CB-CID.
CB-CID would "in due course" move the court to take into custody Uttam C Jain and Jasraj Jain, who were arrested yesterday and are now in Puzhal prison, a police release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported