Cowan hails Sri Lanka cricket team as ‘great example’ of cross-cultural unity
Sydney: Australia opener Ed Cowan has hailed Sri Lanka cricket team as an example of cross-cultural unity in the midst of calls for its matches to be boycotted because of the actions of its government.
Cowan said he considered the presence of Sri Lanka`s squad in Australia to be a positive and good for everyone.
“The Sri Lankan cricket team are a great example of people … who have in the past been able to put their differences aside and come together as a nation and play cricket, and I think that is fantastic,” the Age quoted Cowan, as saying.
“Apart from that I don`t think it is my job to comment on human rights issues,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble