Cowan hails Sri Lanka cricket team as ‘great example’ of cross-cultural unity
Sydney: Australia opener Ed Cowan has hailed Sri Lanka cricket team as an example of cross-cultural unity in the midst of calls for its matches to be boycotted because of the actions of its government.
Cowan said he considered the presence of Sri Lanka`s squad in Australia to be a positive and good for everyone.
“The Sri Lankan cricket team are a great example of people … who have in the past been able to put their differences aside and come together as a nation and play cricket, and I think that is fantastic,” the Age quoted Cowan, as saying.
“Apart from that I don`t think it is my job to comment on human rights issues,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured