Cricket Australia extends coach Nielsen’s contract
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) has extended the contract of national coach Tim Nielsen by two years.
It comes as a surprise as Nielsen has led Australia to two Ashes defeats, two Test series defeats in India and a series loss against South Africa.
It was earlier reported that Nielsen would be the coach until the end of next month’s World Cup in the Indian subcontinent.
The 42-year-old had himself admitted that he expected his position to come under scrutiny following the recent Ashes disaster.
“I expect us all to be looked at, and talked to, in the review. The planning was there, it was just our inability as a group to do what we wanted with bat and ball,” a newspaper had quoted Nielsen, as saying.
Australia had lost the five-match series 3-1 to give England their first Test series win Down Under since the 1986-87 tour.
It was also the first time that Australia has lost three matches in a series by more than an innings in 135 years of Test cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video