Cricket Australia gets green light to pursue Pietersen for T20 league
Sydney: Cricket Australia has obtained a board approval to pursue English cricketer Kevin Pietersen to play in Australia’s domestic T20 competition, the Big Bash League (BBL).
Pietersen would only be available for the Australian Big Bash League season if his relationship with the England and Wales Cricket Board doesn’t improve, or if he is allowed back into the Test team but not picked to play in the limited-over cricket.
Big Bash League boss Mike McKenna said that Pietersen, who was dropped for sending disparaging text messages about his teammates to the South African team, would have to be ``in the right frame of mind.``
“Obviously there is going to be a tipping point here where he is either going to be playing for England in Tests only, in all forms of the game, or not at all,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted McKenna, as saying.
“Once we know if he`s going to be available, we can talk to the ECB and see if there`s a way of getting him involved in an appropriate way. He has to be in a frame of mind where he can commit to a team,” he added.
After getting a green light from the CA board, Melbourne Renegades and Sydney Sixers have spoken to the tempestuous batsman`s management.
Pietersen`s isolation from the England team follows a remarkable self-promoted interview, in which he retracted his earlier retirement from limited-overs cricket and offered to curtail his lucrative Twenty20 gigs to play all formats for England, the paper said.
The ECB is yet to accept his change of decision, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing