Cricket Australia rubbishes talk of Clarke-Hussey row
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) has rubbished rumours that Michael Hussey had a spectacular falling out with skipper Michael Clarke after his farewell Test at the SCG earlier this month.
According to reports, Hussey and Clarke had differences over where post-match celebrations should be held.
While Hussey wanted the celebrations to take place in the dressing room and then the hotel, Clarke preferred a planned evening on James Packer`s super yacht Seahorse.
Hussey, it was claimed, boycotted the boat ride in protest, having also just been surprisingly left out of the one-day squad. He was joined by two other players.
According to a leading Australian daily, the alleged dispute was quickly and vehemently shot down by Hussey`s management and Cricket Australia.
The only element of truth was that Hussey did not join his teammates on Packer`s vessel.
The team celebrated his farewell in their SCG dressing room and then their hotel until about 10 p.m., and thereafter, Hussey wanted to rejoin his family, who were staying with him in a suite at the team`s Sydney base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them