Cricket Australia rubbishes talk of Clarke-Hussey row
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) has rubbished rumours that Michael Hussey had a spectacular falling out with skipper Michael Clarke after his farewell Test at the SCG earlier this month.
According to reports, Hussey and Clarke had differences over where post-match celebrations should be held.
While Hussey wanted the celebrations to take place in the dressing room and then the hotel, Clarke preferred a planned evening on James Packer`s super yacht Seahorse.
Hussey, it was claimed, boycotted the boat ride in protest, having also just been surprisingly left out of the one-day squad. He was joined by two other players.
According to a leading Australian daily, the alleged dispute was quickly and vehemently shot down by Hussey`s management and Cricket Australia.
The only element of truth was that Hussey did not join his teammates on Packer`s vessel.
The team celebrated his farewell in their SCG dressing room and then their hotel until about 10 p.m., and thereafter, Hussey wanted to rejoin his family, who were staying with him in a suite at the team`s Sydney base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez