Cricket coach Sumit Bose passes away
Eminent cricket coach and former vice president of Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) Sumit Bose passed away at his residence in Cuttack on Saturday.
Bhubaneswar: Eminent cricket coach and former vice president of Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) Sumit Bose passed away at his residence in Cuttack on Saturday.
He was 70, family sources said.
Bose, popularly known as Sumit Da, was the coach of the state junior cricket team.
OCA honourary secretary Asirbad Behera in a statement said the commitment of Bose to the cricket was so intense that despite his age and ill health, he used to visit the Barabati Stadium regularly to give tips to the budding cricketers.
"With his sad demise, Odisha has lost one of the greatest cricket coaches," Behera said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok