Cricket coach Sumit Bose passes away
Eminent cricket coach and former vice president of Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) Sumit Bose passed away at his residence in Cuttack on Saturday.
Bhubaneswar: Eminent cricket coach and former vice president of Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) Sumit Bose passed away at his residence in Cuttack on Saturday.
He was 70, family sources said.
Bose, popularly known as Sumit Da, was the coach of the state junior cricket team.
OCA honourary secretary Asirbad Behera in a statement said the commitment of Bose to the cricket was so intense that despite his age and ill health, he used to visit the Barabati Stadium regularly to give tips to the budding cricketers.
"With his sad demise, Odisha has lost one of the greatest cricket coaches," Behera said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred