Cricket coach Sumit Bose passes away
Eminent cricket coach and former vice president of Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) Sumit Bose passed away at his residence in Cuttack on Saturday.
Bhubaneswar: Eminent cricket coach and former vice president of Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) Sumit Bose passed away at his residence in Cuttack on Saturday.
He was 70, family sources said.
Bose, popularly known as Sumit Da, was the coach of the state junior cricket team.
OCA honourary secretary Asirbad Behera in a statement said the commitment of Bose to the cricket was so intense that despite his age and ill health, he used to visit the Barabati Stadium regularly to give tips to the budding cricketers.
"With his sad demise, Odisha has lost one of the greatest cricket coaches," Behera said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split