Cricket coach Sumit Bose passes away
Eminent cricket coach and former vice president of Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) Sumit Bose passed away at his residence in Cuttack on Saturday.
Bhubaneswar: Eminent cricket coach and former vice president of Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) Sumit Bose passed away at his residence in Cuttack on Saturday.
He was 70, family sources said.
Bose, popularly known as Sumit Da, was the coach of the state junior cricket team.
OCA honourary secretary Asirbad Behera in a statement said the commitment of Bose to the cricket was so intense that despite his age and ill health, he used to visit the Barabati Stadium regularly to give tips to the budding cricketers.
"With his sad demise, Odisha has lost one of the greatest cricket coaches," Behera said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni a step closer to main draw
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs