Cricket Culture Campus inaugurated in Thane
Thane: Former India cricketer Sanjay Bangar on tuesday inaugurated the Cricket Culture Campus, an indoor residential training centre, which aims at imparting all-round training to aspiring cricketing talents.
Bangar, on the occasion, said young cricketers who want to make it big in the sport, should focus on training and parents must also pay attention to it.
The new indoor centre located in Padgha area of Thane here, has been set up by former cricketer and Ranji player Shrikant M Kharge and his brother Ramakant M Kharge.
Shrikant Kharge during the inauguration said that the training centre will run throughout the year, and since it is an indoor facility, students can practise during monsoon also.
"The campus has facilities like two AstroTurf indoor pitches, two indoor knocking area, while the outdoor facility has six full length turf wickets with ample knocking area.
"Cricket coaching drills relating to core skills like batting and bowling will be provided by specialised batting and bowling coaches," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders