Cricket Culture Campus inaugurated in Thane
Thane: Former India cricketer Sanjay Bangar on tuesday inaugurated the Cricket Culture Campus, an indoor residential training centre, which aims at imparting all-round training to aspiring cricketing talents.
Bangar, on the occasion, said young cricketers who want to make it big in the sport, should focus on training and parents must also pay attention to it.
The new indoor centre located in Padgha area of Thane here, has been set up by former cricketer and Ranji player Shrikant M Kharge and his brother Ramakant M Kharge.
Shrikant Kharge during the inauguration said that the training centre will run throughout the year, and since it is an indoor facility, students can practise during monsoon also.
"The campus has facilities like two AstroTurf indoor pitches, two indoor knocking area, while the outdoor facility has six full length turf wickets with ample knocking area.
"Cricket coaching drills relating to core skills like batting and bowling will be provided by specialised batting and bowling coaches," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh