Cricket Culture Campus inaugurated in Thane
Thane: Former India cricketer Sanjay Bangar on tuesday inaugurated the Cricket Culture Campus, an indoor residential training centre, which aims at imparting all-round training to aspiring cricketing talents.
Bangar, on the occasion, said young cricketers who want to make it big in the sport, should focus on training and parents must also pay attention to it.
The new indoor centre located in Padgha area of Thane here, has been set up by former cricketer and Ranji player Shrikant M Kharge and his brother Ramakant M Kharge.
Shrikant Kharge during the inauguration said that the training centre will run throughout the year, and since it is an indoor facility, students can practise during monsoon also.
"The campus has facilities like two AstroTurf indoor pitches, two indoor knocking area, while the outdoor facility has six full length turf wickets with ample knocking area.
"Cricket coaching drills relating to core skills like batting and bowling will be provided by specialised batting and bowling coaches," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say