Cricket series with Pakistan BCCI`s call: Krishna
New Delhi: With India deciding to resume cricketing ties with Pakistan after a hiatus, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna Tuesday said the plan for a series of matches between the two neighbours was a call for the Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) to make.
"That is something the cricket control board of India will have to take a call on. The government can only be a facilitator. It cannot dictate to the cricket control board. It is their domain," Krishna told reporters on the sidelines of a book launch function here.
He was responding to questions about the possible tour of the Indian cricket team to Pakistan for a series and the likely dates for the visit.
Cricket ties between the two countries were severed following the Mumbai terror attacks on Nov 26, 2008. The last cricket series between India and Pakistan was held in 2007-08, when the Pakistani team had visited India.
against the backdrop of the successful `cricket diplomacy` adopted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh when he watched India and Pakistan take on each other in the cricket World Cup semifinal match in Mohali March 30 this year along with his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar