Cricketer alleges sexual harassment by MPCA chairman
Indore: An 18-year-old girl cricketer has charged Alpesh Shah, the convenor of the under-19 selection committee, with attempt to sexually harass her, an allegation denied by Shah.
The girl`s father Sandeep Thakkar told PTI here today that Alpesh had tried to sexually exploit her on the evening of September 23 when he had called her to the Holkar stadium for giving her "special blessings".
Thakkar claimed that when Alpesh was indulging in some indecent actions, his daughter ran away and told him about the incident.
The father claimed that he gave this information to the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association Chairman, M K Bhargava who summoned him and his daughter in the presence of Alpesh "who apologised for his actions".
Alpesh denied the charge against him and said the girl was saying all this as she had not been selected for the under-19 team.
Bhargava said a four-member committee had been set up to go into the incident and added that if the charges were found true, the case may be handed over to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range