Cricketer Baburao suspended by Railways in spot-fixing case
New Delhi: The Railways on Monday suspended former Ranji Trophy player Baburao Yadav after his detention for involvement in the spot-fixing scandal that has rocked the ongoing Indian Premier League.
Baburao was working as operator in the Signal and Telecom division. He was posted at Nagpur with the South Central Railways.
Baburao had introduced alleged bookie Sunil Bhatia to Rajasthan Royals player Ajit Chandila.
The IPL last week found itself engulfed in a sensational spot-fixing scandal after S Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates were arrested by the police which claimed that they received upto Rs 60 lakh from bookies for bowling one manipulated over.
Earlier in the day, police recovered Rs 20 lakh from Chandila`s relatives` home.
Sreesanth and his teammates Ankeet Chavan and Chandila were arrested in a post-midnight operation in Mumbai on May 16 by Delhi police for spot-fixing in IPL matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- 'WTO's future bright; US ready to up engagement with India'
- SFIO widens Vijay Mallya probe; former top bankers under scanner
- Priyanka Chopra, Saroj Khan honoured at Fempowerment awards
- We should protect and preserve our unity, integrity: PM on GST
- Honda Activa contributes 38% of incremental industry sales in July