Cricketer Baburao suspended by Railways in spot-fixing case
New Delhi: The Railways on Monday suspended former Ranji Trophy player Baburao Yadav after his detention for involvement in the spot-fixing scandal that has rocked the ongoing Indian Premier League.
Baburao was working as operator in the Signal and Telecom division. He was posted at Nagpur with the South Central Railways.
Baburao had introduced alleged bookie Sunil Bhatia to Rajasthan Royals player Ajit Chandila.
The IPL last week found itself engulfed in a sensational spot-fixing scandal after S Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates were arrested by the police which claimed that they received upto Rs 60 lakh from bookies for bowling one manipulated over.
Earlier in the day, police recovered Rs 20 lakh from Chandila`s relatives` home.
Sreesanth and his teammates Ankeet Chavan and Chandila were arrested in a post-midnight operation in Mumbai on May 16 by Delhi police for spot-fixing in IPL matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials