Cricketer Baburao suspended by Railways in spot-fixing case
New Delhi: The Railways on Monday suspended former Ranji Trophy player Baburao Yadav after his detention for involvement in the spot-fixing scandal that has rocked the ongoing Indian Premier League.
Baburao was working as operator in the Signal and Telecom division. He was posted at Nagpur with the South Central Railways.
Baburao had introduced alleged bookie Sunil Bhatia to Rajasthan Royals player Ajit Chandila.
The IPL last week found itself engulfed in a sensational spot-fixing scandal after S Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates were arrested by the police which claimed that they received upto Rs 60 lakh from bookies for bowling one manipulated over.
Earlier in the day, police recovered Rs 20 lakh from Chandila`s relatives` home.
Sreesanth and his teammates Ankeet Chavan and Chandila were arrested in a post-midnight operation in Mumbai on May 16 by Delhi police for spot-fixing in IPL matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?