Cricketer banned for five years over fresh assault threat
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Friday, July 20, 2012, 13:38
  
Cricketer banned for five years over fresh assault threatHamilton (Bermuda): A Bermuda club cricketer has been banned for five years after being found guilty of a Level 4 offence for the second time this season.

Toronto Darrell was handed his latest punishment by the Bermuda Cricket Board (BCB) following an incident in a match between his side, Willow Cuts, and Premier Division rivals St David`s two weeks ago, reports CMC.

The BCB said Darrell was found guilty of breaching Article 2.4.1 - the threat of assault on an umpire or match referee.

Last month Darrell was suspended for 12 months for the threat of assault on an umpire in a match May 27 between Willow Cuts and Southampton Rangers.


As this was Darrell`s second Level 4 breach within 12 months, officials said the BCB was left with no choice but to suspend him for a further five years.

Darrell will be eligible to play again July 13, 2018.

IANS

First Published: Friday, July 20, 2012, 13:38


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular in News