Cricketer Ellyse Perry out with injury
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) Thursday announced that Ellyse Perry had been diagnosed with a stress fracture in her ankle.
CA physiotherapist David Beakley said: "Ellyse underwent further investigations on her return to Sydney after the ICC Women`s World Cup, which revealed a stress fracture in her distal left tibia. After consultation with a specialist orthopaedic surgeon Ellyse will not require surgical intervention but instead will enter a period of rehabilitation that should see her make a return to sport in around 10-12 weeks."
The Australia women team`s next series will be the Ashes against England in August.
Australia won the Women`s World Cup in India earlier this month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living