Cricketers visit Imran Khan in hospital
Karachi: A stream of former cricketers have been visiting the Shaukat Khanum hospital to inquire about the well-being of former Pakistan captain-turned politician Imran Khan who got injured during an election rally in Lahore last week.
Prominent among those who have visited him in the hospital include former skipper Javed Miandad, Inzamam-ul-Haq and Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar etc., while many have sent get-well-soon cards and bouquets to Imran.
Imran has suffered spinal injuries after he fell down from a lifter while climbing a stage during the rally.
According to his doctors and senior leaders of his Tehreek-e-Insaaf party, Imran has been very active even from his hospital bed for the general elections due on Saturday.
A source in the cricket board said that members of the Pakistan team, which will leave for England next week for the Champions Trophy, are also planning to pay him a visit to boost his spirits.
The Pakistani players who have just finished a training camp in Abbotabad, had held a special prayer session to pray for Imran`s health.
"He is a cricket legend for us and we all admire and respect him. We were all shocked and sad by the incident. We are all praying he gets completely well soon," Pakistani spinner, Saeed Ajmal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks