Cruel irony: Azhar's son rode to his death on dad’s Eid gift
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Hyderabad: No one would have imagined, let alone Azharuddin, a gift on the auspicious day of Eid would result in the sad demise of his dear one. But, the Suzuki GSX R 1000, which took the life of young Mohammad Ayazuddin, was in fact father Mohammad Azharuddin’s Eid gift.
Unfortunately, this will be one gift the former Indian captain will regret giving his son. Apparently, the bike, which was used just a couple of times before the incident, was still unregistered.
Ayaz’s coach Srinivas from St John’s recalled that Azhar always took special interest in Ayaz’s cricket and was keen on his future, giving tips whenever he is in town.
Ayazuddin, the youngest son of Moradabad MP and former cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin, succumbed to injuries and was declared dead on Friday morning.
Ayazuddin, sustained critical injuries after a high-end sports bike he was driving skidded off the road at Puppalguda on Outer Ring Road (ORR) in Hyderabad on Sunday last.
Ayazuddin`s cousin, Ajmal-ur-Rahman (16) who was riding pillion, was killed on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read