CSA agrees to reschedule Sri Lanka Tests
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) has confirmed accepting a request from Sri Lanka Cricket to split the 2013 tour to accommodate them in an ODI tri-series with India and West Indies and avoid a likely clash with the Sri Lankan Premier League.
The Sri Lanka vs. South Africa Test series will now take place in May-June, 2015, and the Proteas will still fulfil their obligation to play five ODIs and three T20 International matches in 2013.
“We have acceded to the request for two reasons. In the first place we have a very good relationship with Sri Lanka Cricket and we have done our best to assist them. In the second place it actually works out quite well for the Proteas in handling their workload effectively,” a website quoted CSA Acting CEO Jacques Faul, as saying.
“The Proteas will now undertake their Test tour of Sri Lanka in June, 2015, before they move on to Bangladesh in July as part of the ICC Future Tours Programme (FTP),” he added.
Faul further said that the “re-scheduling of the Test series means that the Proteas will now have a three-week break between the Champions Trophy and the limited overs series in Sri Lanka,” the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!