CSA congratulates Proteas, skipper Smith after victorious Test series against Pak
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) has congratulated the victorious South African team on their triumph over the Test series against Pakistan and also lauded captain Graeme Smith for becoming the first captain to lead his country to 50 Test match victories.
CSA Acting CEO Jacques Faul said that no words would be sufficient to acknowledge the brilliance and the consistency of the Proteas, who plowed along in the Test series against Pakistan even while losing senior players like Morne Morkel and Jacques Kallis before the start of the series, Sport24 reports.
Faul also said that the team is not deterred by any setback and also praised the quality of the replacements players.
Praising Smith, Faul said that the captain has made the record as Proteas’ most successful Test skipper, and added that players like Smith, Jacques Kallis and Mark Boucher have taken the game into an entirely new dimension.
Lauding debutant Kyle Abbott, who won the Man of the Match title after the third day of the final Test against Pakistan, Faul said that Abbott deserved the award and also named him as yet another Proteas player to take five or more wickets on debut within a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends