CSA planning to send Haroon Lorgat on leave to please BCCI?
New Delhi: Bowing to pressure from the BCCI, Cricket South Africa is likely to keep its CEO Haroon Lorgat out of any future engagement with the Indian Board to ensure that the marquee tour by India goes ahead without any further hiccups.
The series has already been curtailed after BCCI took exception to the CSA`s "unilateral" announcement of the itinerary in July.
CSA, desperate to cut down the financial loss that it would incur if the series does not go through, has offered to "send Lorgat on long leave", ESPNCricinfo has reported.
According to the report, during the "fruitful" discussion between the BCCI and CSA on October 12, the Indian Board had agreed to play two Tests and three ODIs in the month of December on the condition that "CSA chief executive Haroon Lorgat is not involved in India affairs in future".
"It is also understood that CSA has also informed the BCCI bosses that they would be working out a plan before the end of the tour to ensure Lorgat is not involved in future dealings with the BCCI," the report stated.
If that happens, the BCCI could agree to play a three-Test series as requested by CSA.
The BCCI had a rather rocky equation with Lorgat during his stint as ICC CEO and was reportedly upset when CSA hired him earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla