CSA snubs PCB’s request to postpone Proteas series to accommodate PPL
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) has rejected the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) request to postpone its tour in order to avoid it clashing with the inaugural Pakistan Premier League (PPL) next March.
The PCB had asked the CSA to bring forward the tour of South Africa, which begins on January 25 and ends on March 24, according to spokesperson Nadeem Sarwar.
“We requested them to change the itinerary so that we could expand the window of our premier league,” Sports24 quoted Sarwar, as saying.
“CSA said it is not possible now since the tickets of the series are sold out. We understand their position and we are comfortable with that,” he added.
Pakistan is scheduled to play three Tests, two Twenty20s and five one-day internationals during its two-month tour of South Africa.
Pakistan is planning to organise a Twenty20 league in March similar to the leagues in England, Australia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
The PCB`s proposed premier league plans have yet to be revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday