CSA snubs PCB’s request to postpone Proteas series to accommodate PPL
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) has rejected the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) request to postpone its tour in order to avoid it clashing with the inaugural Pakistan Premier League (PPL) next March.
The PCB had asked the CSA to bring forward the tour of South Africa, which begins on January 25 and ends on March 24, according to spokesperson Nadeem Sarwar.
“We requested them to change the itinerary so that we could expand the window of our premier league,” Sports24 quoted Sarwar, as saying.
“CSA said it is not possible now since the tickets of the series are sold out. We understand their position and we are comfortable with that,” he added.
Pakistan is scheduled to play three Tests, two Twenty20s and five one-day internationals during its two-month tour of South Africa.
Pakistan is planning to organise a Twenty20 league in March similar to the leagues in England, Australia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
The PCB`s proposed premier league plans have yet to be revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery