CSA snubs PCB’s request to postpone Proteas series to accommodate PPL
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) has rejected the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) request to postpone its tour in order to avoid it clashing with the inaugural Pakistan Premier League (PPL) next March.
The PCB had asked the CSA to bring forward the tour of South Africa, which begins on January 25 and ends on March 24, according to spokesperson Nadeem Sarwar.
“We requested them to change the itinerary so that we could expand the window of our premier league,” Sports24 quoted Sarwar, as saying.
“CSA said it is not possible now since the tickets of the series are sold out. We understand their position and we are comfortable with that,” he added.
Pakistan is scheduled to play three Tests, two Twenty20s and five one-day internationals during its two-month tour of South Africa.
Pakistan is planning to organise a Twenty20 league in March similar to the leagues in England, Australia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
The PCB`s proposed premier league plans have yet to be revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?