CSA to appoint Upton as Proteas Performance Director
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) is set to announce a change in the management structure of the national team and is all set to appoint Paddy Upton as Proteas Performance Director.
According to website, former fitness trainer and mental conditioning coach, Paddy Upton, is set to assume an overseeing role.
Coach Gary Kirsten will remain in control of the team with assistant Russell Domingo and team manager Mohammed Moosajee both retaining their positions.
Upton will be promoted to a new position from which he can contribute and advise in every department, from physical fitness to preparation and logistics.
He will work closely with Kirsten to continue creating the team culture that has been a hallmark of their success together, a sports website reports.
“The Proteas is a business which extends a long way past the eleven players on the field and the national squad. Most of the various departments and personnel have, at some time or another, felt the need for more coordination and that’s what I’ll be doing from now on,” said Upton.
“I have worked with Gary for a very long time, even before we joined up with India, so I have an intimate understanding of his vision and principles. People don’t necessarily have to share that vision, or those principles, but it is important that they understand them, and that they are upheld throughout the national team’s structures,” Upton said.
“The objective is that we set up a culture that will provide the team with the best chance of having both success and enjoyment, and that when new players come into the national team they are fully aware of the level of personal responsibility expected of them.”
The Proteas will on Monday head off to Switzerland for a team building session with adventurer and motivational speaker Mike Horn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September