CSA to appoint Upton as Proteas Performance Director
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) is set to announce a change in the management structure of the national team and is all set to appoint Paddy Upton as Proteas Performance Director.
According to website, former fitness trainer and mental conditioning coach, Paddy Upton, is set to assume an overseeing role.
Coach Gary Kirsten will remain in control of the team with assistant Russell Domingo and team manager Mohammed Moosajee both retaining their positions.
Upton will be promoted to a new position from which he can contribute and advise in every department, from physical fitness to preparation and logistics.
He will work closely with Kirsten to continue creating the team culture that has been a hallmark of their success together, a sports website reports.
“The Proteas is a business which extends a long way past the eleven players on the field and the national squad. Most of the various departments and personnel have, at some time or another, felt the need for more coordination and that’s what I’ll be doing from now on,” said Upton.
“I have worked with Gary for a very long time, even before we joined up with India, so I have an intimate understanding of his vision and principles. People don’t necessarily have to share that vision, or those principles, but it is important that they understand them, and that they are upheld throughout the national team’s structures,” Upton said.
“The objective is that we set up a culture that will provide the team with the best chance of having both success and enjoyment, and that when new players come into the national team they are fully aware of the level of personal responsibility expected of them.”
The Proteas will on Monday head off to Switzerland for a team building session with adventurer and motivational speaker Mike Horn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market
- 'USD 100 for shaving beard: ISIS imposes new fines, taxes'