CSA to trial four-day cricket under lights
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) is all set to host its first four-day day/night match under first-class conditions between North West Dragons and the Chevrolet Knights in a pre-season friendly at Potchefstroom from September 3-6.
"This trial match is a result of our commitment to the International Cricket Council (ICC) to test the feasibility of first-class day/night cricket under South African climatic conditions," commented CSA Acting CEO Jacques Faul.
"The match referee, in consultation with his team of match officials, the coaches and the captains, will then compile an extensive, detailed report on the match and submit it to CSA. It will then be forwarded on receipt to the ICC with the feedback."
This match, however, will not be afforded any class of status.
The players will wear their normal first-class kit (white or cream) but will play with the new improved, Kookaburra Turf Pink Balls and use black sightscreens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof