CSA to trial four-day cricket under lights
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) is all set to host its first four-day day/night match under first-class conditions between North West Dragons and the Chevrolet Knights in a pre-season friendly at Potchefstroom from September 3-6.
"This trial match is a result of our commitment to the International Cricket Council (ICC) to test the feasibility of first-class day/night cricket under South African climatic conditions," commented CSA Acting CEO Jacques Faul.
"The match referee, in consultation with his team of match officials, the coaches and the captains, will then compile an extensive, detailed report on the match and submit it to CSA. It will then be forwarded on receipt to the ICC with the feedback."
This match, however, will not be afforded any class of status.
The players will wear their normal first-class kit (white or cream) but will play with the new improved, Kookaburra Turf Pink Balls and use black sightscreens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- World's most sensitive detector 'LUX' finds no dark matter
- Multiple sclerosis: 15 warning signs you might have the condition
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks