CSA to trial four-day cricket under lights
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) is all set to host its first four-day day/night match under first-class conditions between North West Dragons and the Chevrolet Knights in a pre-season friendly at Potchefstroom from September 3-6.
"This trial match is a result of our commitment to the International Cricket Council (ICC) to test the feasibility of first-class day/night cricket under South African climatic conditions," commented CSA Acting CEO Jacques Faul.
"The match referee, in consultation with his team of match officials, the coaches and the captains, will then compile an extensive, detailed report on the match and submit it to CSA. It will then be forwarded on receipt to the ICC with the feedback."
This match, however, will not be afforded any class of status.
The players will wear their normal first-class kit (white or cream) but will play with the new improved, Kookaburra Turf Pink Balls and use black sightscreens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself