CSK middle-order batting a concern: Bollinger
Chennai: Middle-order batting has been a concern for defending champions Chennai Super Kings despite their stunning four wicket win over Cape Cobras in the Champions League Twenty20, paceman Doug Bollinger said on Friday.
Asked if middle-order batting was a concern for his side, Bollinger said, "Definitely. We`ve got things to work on."
"We`d love to win every game by 50 runs but it`s not going to happen. Some of the Indian players have been away for a long time and we`re all trying to gel. Getting out of jail (by Dwayne Bravo) is not a bad thing," he said when asked about his side`s four-wicket win over Cape Cobras on Wednesday.
Bollinger said the relaid pitch at the MA Chidambaram Stadium has become slower than the one in the past.
"It`s pretty slow, compared to the past. But it doesn`t really matter, you know, it doesn`t bother me. We (anyway) give it what we give it," he said ahead of his side`s match against Trinidad and Tobago here on October 2.
Asked if he has to change his bowling tactics according to the slowness of the pitch, Bollinger said, "Not really, (you) just got to mix your pace a little bit, that`s about it. It`s probably more spin effective."
Bollinger had played for New South Wales and asked about CSK`s match against NSW in their last group fixture on October 4, he said, "It`ll be interesting to play against them, they are a good side, but any information I give Chennai will be good information but we`re just going to worry about our game."
Asked about the comment of CSK team-mate Mike Hussey who said that he was the funniest man in the Australian squad, Bollinger said, "I like to have a good time and I`ll be happy if everyone around me have one too. There are a couple of guys (in CSK team). Murali Vijay is pretty funny. You say something, it comes out wrong, people laugh."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick