CSK players given flats by bookie who is big businessman, claims Lalit Modi
New Delhi: Former IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi on Thursday made a sensational claim that three Chennai Super Kings player had links with a real estate tycoon, who is also a bookie and has close links with Gurunath Meiyappan and other IPL franchisee owners.
In a series of tweets, Modi made several claims such as that said real estate businessman had tried to acquire IPL franchisee in 2010 but was not allowed by him and that he also gave CSK players flats.
Modi though did not reveal the name of the person.
"Just been informed from reliable sources 3 players from chennai super kings have been hanging around with a nightclub owner/ real estate ...," Modi, who is living in London, wrote on his twitter page.
"...Real estate king who also runs a book and is a big punter and given these boys flats in his new bandra sea face complex, noida in del," Modi alleged.
"Further if the news is correct - this person was blacklisted whilst I was chairman from bidding for a team in year 3.
"Concerned book maker real estate tycoon has close links with Guru and a few other owners."
Modi said the Police should look into the matter.
"Police needs to investigate into this and see if any truth. Apparently amount is 20 crores. 1 of them is an intl player and 3 were with this bookie in the night club when an another player was arrested from same club a few weeks ago," he tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what