CSK players given flats by bookie who is big businessman, claims Lalit Modi
New Delhi: Former IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi on Thursday made a sensational claim that three Chennai Super Kings player had links with a real estate tycoon, who is also a bookie and has close links with Gurunath Meiyappan and other IPL franchisee owners.
In a series of tweets, Modi made several claims such as that said real estate businessman had tried to acquire IPL franchisee in 2010 but was not allowed by him and that he also gave CSK players flats.
Modi though did not reveal the name of the person.
"Just been informed from reliable sources 3 players from chennai super kings have been hanging around with a nightclub owner/ real estate ...," Modi, who is living in London, wrote on his twitter page.
"...Real estate king who also runs a book and is a big punter and given these boys flats in his new bandra sea face complex, noida in del," Modi alleged.
"Further if the news is correct - this person was blacklisted whilst I was chairman from bidding for a team in year 3.
"Concerned book maker real estate tycoon has close links with Guru and a few other owners."
Modi said the Police should look into the matter.
"Police needs to investigate into this and see if any truth. Apparently amount is 20 crores. 1 of them is an intl player and 3 were with this bookie in the night club when an another player was arrested from same club a few weeks ago," he tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video