Cullinan no fan of separate captains for separate formats rule
Pretoria: Former South African cricketer Daryll Cullinan has decided not to support the format of having two captains for different matches as he believes that it could lead to confusion among players.
Cullinan said that teams identify with one captain and it gets divisive when there are two captains.
According to Sport24, Hashim Amla was named as South Africa`s new Test captain, replacing the retired Graeme Smith. He was picked ahead of AB de Villiers, who was named vice-captain. However, the roles are reversed in the ODI format though, where De Villiers is captain, and Amla his deputy.
Cullinan expressed his displeasure at the switch and said that it was an unfavorable time to make decisions regarding Test captaincy around such a `conundrum`.
He further added that the obvious solution would have been to put faith in De Kock as the long-term wicketkeeper, and then give both (ODI and Test) captaincy roles to either De Villiers or Amla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what