Cummins may withdraw from IPL V auction
Melbourne: Forced to miss the ongoing Test series against India due to a foot injury, teen pace sensation Pat Cummins has indicated that he might withdraw from the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League next year.
The 18-year-old fast bowler said that he is no mood to compromise his Australia career for the Twenty20 league and would take a call on his participation before the IPL auction in February next year.
Asked if the injury had forced him to rethink about his maiden IPL stint next April, Cummins said, "It probably does. I`ve said the whole time that playing for Australia is my number one goal.
"I don`t want anything to impact on that. Looking to the future, I might have to reassess my options."
Cummins has luxury to pull out of the IPL before the auction or on the eve of the tournament itself.
"The auction is in early February and I`ve got all the way until then to pull out," he said.
"And even if I go through with the auction, I can still reassess before the competition starts.
"Even if I didn`t have the injury, this is always something that will cause debate. I`m still young, and I`d love to play as many Tests as possible. But it (Twenty20) is only four overs a game," said Cummins.
Cummins is expected to return in the Big Bash League for the Sydney Sixers on January 18, but his chances of playing the fourth and final Test against India in Adelaide is very slim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency