Cummins still backs ‘outclassed’ Australia to win ODI series against England
London: Australian pacer Pat Cummins, who is returning home after injuring himself midway through the series, has made a public show of faith in his team-mates, backing them to win the one-day series against England.
Cummins sustained a medium grade side strain in the one-day series opener against England at Lord``s on Friday.
The Australians suffered an emphatic six-wicket loss overnight to trail England 2-0 in the current series.
The loss of Cummins to injury is seen as a major blow to Australians chances in the series.
But the young bowler believes his team-mates will bounce back from the defeat to secure the series, a website reports.
“Thanks for the messages, bad timing but the injury shouldn``t take too long. Tough day but back the boys to win last 3 games and the series! Cummins tweeted this morning.
Cricket Australia officials have said the rising star of world cricket won’t play again until September’s World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth