Curbs relaxed as Pakistan women cricketers leave Barabati
Cuttack: As Pakistan women cricketers left the city today after drawing curtains to their ICC World Cup campaign here, police arrangements in and around the stadium for the remaining matches have been slashed significantly.
The Odisha Cricket Association too has relaxed curbs on spectators wishing to watch the Super Six matches. Cell phones, food packets and water bottles are now allowed inside the stadium.
The stands would now have at least some spectators to encourage women cricketers, who still have a long way to match their male counterparts.
The Pakistan team ended a disappointing World Cup campaign after losing all their matches in the tournament.
Ever since the Pakistani players arrived here on January 27, they were kept inside the stadium premises in the OCA Club house and were not allowed to step out of the stadium due to security reasons.
Protests and demonstrations welcomed the players from the neighbouring country and even on the last day of their match yesterday, protests were held outside the stadium opposing their very presence in India against the backdrop of last month`s tension in the LoC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know