Curbs relaxed as Pakistan women cricketers leave Barabati
Cuttack: As Pakistan women cricketers left the city today after drawing curtains to their ICC World Cup campaign here, police arrangements in and around the stadium for the remaining matches have been slashed significantly.
The Odisha Cricket Association too has relaxed curbs on spectators wishing to watch the Super Six matches. Cell phones, food packets and water bottles are now allowed inside the stadium.
The stands would now have at least some spectators to encourage women cricketers, who still have a long way to match their male counterparts.
The Pakistan team ended a disappointing World Cup campaign after losing all their matches in the tournament.
Ever since the Pakistani players arrived here on January 27, they were kept inside the stadium premises in the OCA Club house and were not allowed to step out of the stadium due to security reasons.
Protests and demonstrations welcomed the players from the neighbouring country and even on the last day of their match yesterday, protests were held outside the stadium opposing their very presence in India against the backdrop of last month`s tension in the LoC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside