Dadar Union Cricket Club to get facelift
Mumbai: One of the most popular and oldest cricket clubs in India -- the Dadar Union Cricket Club – is all set to get a facelift.
Former Test skipper Dilip Vengsarkar today performed a ceremony to mark the restoration work of the building of the club that had former cricketers like Sunil Gavaskar, Madhav Mantri, Vengsarkar himself and Sanjay Manjrekar playing for it.
"The club has a glorious past and produced many great cricketers. However, it has been going through a bad phase for the past few years. This is part of an effort by us to try and bring its golden days back," Vengsarkar said on the occasion.
Manjrekar, who was also present for the ceremony along with Mantri, later tweeted about the event.
"Just back from a very special event .. small ceremony to mark renovation of the greatest cricket club in the world .. dadar union. for that, we are all grateful to dilip vengsarkar for making this possible (sic)," he wrote.
"great club, as in, a club with great cricketing accomplishmnts..the club as it stood was nothing more than a hut.
"dadar union did at the club level what mumbai did at the ranji level for 3 decades..sheer dominance (sic)," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand