Dadar Union Cricket Club to get facelift
Mumbai: One of the most popular and oldest cricket clubs in India -- the Dadar Union Cricket Club – is all set to get a facelift.
Former Test skipper Dilip Vengsarkar today performed a ceremony to mark the restoration work of the building of the club that had former cricketers like Sunil Gavaskar, Madhav Mantri, Vengsarkar himself and Sanjay Manjrekar playing for it.
"The club has a glorious past and produced many great cricketers. However, it has been going through a bad phase for the past few years. This is part of an effort by us to try and bring its golden days back," Vengsarkar said on the occasion.
Manjrekar, who was also present for the ceremony along with Mantri, later tweeted about the event.
"Just back from a very special event .. small ceremony to mark renovation of the greatest cricket club in the world .. dadar union. for that, we are all grateful to dilip vengsarkar for making this possible (sic)," he wrote.
"great club, as in, a club with great cricketing accomplishmnts..the club as it stood was nothing more than a hut.
"dadar union did at the club level what mumbai did at the ranji level for 3 decades..sheer dominance (sic)," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon