Dale Steyn may miss second Test following training session injury
Johannesburg: South African pace bowler Dale Steyn may also miss the second Test against Pakistan along with veteran Hashim Amla over an injury suffered during a training session.
South Africa will also be likely to miss first Test centurion Hashim Amla who returned home last week to be with his wife for the birth of their second child.
According to Sport24, Steyn had to cut short his training session on Sunday and did not train on Monday as he was seen working with South African physiotherapist Brandon Jackson.
Confirming Steyn`s fitness problems, South Africa`s vice captain AB de Villiers said that although Steyn had suffered a minor injury during the fielding practice, the team is hoping that he will be ready for the second Test as they all believe that the injury is not too serious.
However, team manager Mohammed Moosajee was more cautious and said that Steyn will be monitored, adding that they should have a better idea of the situation after a 24-hour period as they need to determine the exact nature of the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader