Dale Steyn raring to make Test comeback following prolonged lay-off
Johannesburg: South African pace spearhead Dale Steyn is looking forward to playing competitive cricket again after having been away for close to three months, with a handful of injury problems.
According to Sport24, the number one ranked Test bowler in the ICC rankings admitted he left the Champions Trophy in England in June with no fewer than five different injuries, but time away from the game has restored his body to full fitness.
Steyn said that he did not play a lot of cricket in the Champions Trophy in England as he had a side strain, groin, glute, neck and a bit of an ankle problem.
The leader of the Proteas pace attack expressed being a fast bowler always meant managing a few niggles, but it had got to the point where he just needed total rest to prevent serious damage, the report said.
Steyn, 30, said in the last month he had returned to training to get in shape for the upcoming Test series starting on October 14 where the Proteas will take on Pakistan in Abu Dhabi, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?