Dale Steyn wants to play more limited-overs cricket to `prepare well` for T20 WC
Johannesburg: South African bowler Dale Steyn has said that he came back feeling energized from the two ODI break, during which he went back home and was just getting stronger and ready.
According to Sport24, Steyn revealed that by the time he got to UAE, he was bouncing and just wanted to play.
The No 1 Test bowler`s contribution in the shorter format is immense, even though he has only featured in a handful of matches this year, mostly due to injury, the report said.
He said that it was always nice to be back in the shorter format of the game for South Africa, adding that he wants to play all the T20s with the World Cup just around the corner, and a lot of the ODIs.
The bowlers have excelled in the series, even without Steyn`s presence, and have managed to restrict Pakistan`s line-up to average or below-average totals throughout the series, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!