Daniel Vettori joins Brisbane Heat for Big Bash
Sydney: Former New Zealand Test captain Daniel Vettori became the second international to sign with Brisbane Heat for Australia`s Twenty20 Big Bash next summer.
The left-arm spinner, who has taken 79 wickets in 70 career T20 games at an average of 20.96, will play alongside compatriot Brendon McCullum in the new-look domestic competition from December 30-February 5.
Heat coach Darren Lehmann said it was important to have such an experienced player on the team.
"He`s obviously a leader, which is what you want, and to call on that experience and skill will be vital for us," Lehmann said.
The Big Bash League signing window closes on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report