Daniel Vettori joins Brisbane Heat for Big Bash
Sydney: Former New Zealand Test captain Daniel Vettori became the second international to sign with Brisbane Heat for Australia`s Twenty20 Big Bash next summer.
The left-arm spinner, who has taken 79 wickets in 70 career T20 games at an average of 20.96, will play alongside compatriot Brendon McCullum in the new-look domestic competition from December 30-February 5.
Heat coach Darren Lehmann said it was important to have such an experienced player on the team.
"He`s obviously a leader, which is what you want, and to call on that experience and skill will be vital for us," Lehmann said.
The Big Bash League signing window closes on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'