Daniel Vettori says niggling Achilles heel injury demoralising
Wellington: New Zealand cricketer Daniel Vettori has said that the ongoing tendinitis in his left Achilles has been "demoralising".
Vettori, who recently turned 34, and became a father for the third time, calls himself a "house husband".
The injury has probably robbed him of the honour of becoming New Zealand`s most successful Test bowler.
Vettori said he can`t play another three to four years, adding that he is a little bit elusive with his comeback plans due to the injury.
He wishes to get a couple of games under his belt for Northern Districts in next month`s one-day competition to fit him for New Zealand`s tour to England in May.
Vettori has been off the scene since the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened