Daniel Vettori says niggling Achilles heel injury demoralising
Wellington: New Zealand cricketer Daniel Vettori has said that the ongoing tendinitis in his left Achilles has been "demoralising".
Vettori, who recently turned 34, and became a father for the third time, calls himself a "house husband".
The injury has probably robbed him of the honour of becoming New Zealand`s most successful Test bowler.
Vettori said he can`t play another three to four years, adding that he is a little bit elusive with his comeback plans due to the injury.
He wishes to get a couple of games under his belt for Northern Districts in next month`s one-day competition to fit him for New Zealand`s tour to England in May.
Vettori has been off the scene since the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi