Daniel Vettori says niggling Achilles heel injury demoralising
Wellington: New Zealand cricketer Daniel Vettori has said that the ongoing tendinitis in his left Achilles has been "demoralising".
Vettori, who recently turned 34, and became a father for the third time, calls himself a "house husband".
The injury has probably robbed him of the honour of becoming New Zealand`s most successful Test bowler.
Vettori said he can`t play another three to four years, adding that he is a little bit elusive with his comeback plans due to the injury.
He wishes to get a couple of games under his belt for Northern Districts in next month`s one-day competition to fit him for New Zealand`s tour to England in May.
Vettori has been off the scene since the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral