Darren Bravo finds inspiration after poor Australian tour
St. George`s (Grenada): Man of the just ended One-Day international series between the West Indies and Zimbabwe, Darren Bravo, says he had no choice but to improve his game after a disastrous tour of Australia earlier this month.
The classy left hander scored an unbeaten 72 to steer West Indies to a five wicket win over Zimbabwe at the national stadium Tuesday and a clean sweep of the three match series.
"After coming back from Australia, where we didn`t do very well, it was just a matter of me believing in myself and looking to make the most of the opportunities," said Bravo who faced 103 deliveries and struck five fours.
"I went out and backed myself and looked to execute the game plan. It was a matter of understanding the situation and doing what was required for the team."
Bravo`s match winning performance in the third game was a continuation from the first ODI where he scored a maiden ODI century.
He featured in two significant partnerships, 46 runs with his brother Dwayne and 48 with Denesh Ramdin after the West Indies stumbled losing two wickets for one run in the space of three balls.
"In the first match I played really well and got my first hundred. In the second match Sarwan did the job by batting through to the end and he got a great hundred," said Bravo.
"Today we lost a few quick wickets and key wickets as well, so it was a matter of me buckling down and looking to take it all the way to the finish."
The Trinidadian stroke maker struggled with form as the Windies lost all five matches on their ODI tour of Australia.
However, after a century in the first ODI against Zimbabwe, failing in the second, he came to the crease in the final ODI at the fall of Ramnaresh Sarwan and remained unbeaten.
"Today was the ideal opportunity for me and I went out there with that one goal in mind," Bravo said.
"I just wanted to bat to the end and I knew if I was there at the end we would win the match and win the series 3-0."
The West Indies and Zimbabwe play a two -match T20 series Saturday and Sunday at the Sir Vivian Richards cricket ground in Antigua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Elli Avram looks red HOT in this latest picture!
- Haji Ali Dargah case: Expect a 'pro women' verdict from Bombay HC, says Trupti Desai
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale today; get it at Rs 6,999
- Rahul Gandhi condemns Istanbul airport attack, dubs it as ''cowardly attack on innocents''
- Watch: Meet Cozmo, a tiny robot with big brain and bigger personality!