Darren Bravo loses IPL contract
Port of Spain: West Indies middle order batsman Darren Bravo has lost his Indian Premier League (IPL) contract with the Hyderabad franchise.
The Sun TV network, owners of the Hyderabad IPL franchise, has retained 20 players but have opted not to renew their relationship with Bravo, reports CMC.
Bravo, who did not play with the franchise in the 2012 IPL, opted to play in the Test series against England for the West Indies.
He is among a host of players released by the various franchises.
However, there are seven players from the West Indies in the 2013 IPL.
They include Kieron Pollard, who stays with the Mumbai Indians, Dwayne Bravo (Chennai Super Kings) and Sunil Narine with the defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders.
Making a return to the IPL is Trinidad and Tobago all-rounder Kevon Cooper, who was successful with the Rajasthan Royals in the early part of the 2012 season before a knee injury sent him home early.
At the point of his return he was the leading bowler for Rajasthan.
Each franchise has a salary cap of up to $12.5m to spend on their 2013 squad, which can contain a maximum of 33 players, including 11 from overseas.
The trading window opens Nov 19, when teams will be able to sign uncapped Indian players, including the 52 whose contracts were not extended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!