Darren Lehmann wants David Warner to play first Ashes test
London: New Australian coach Darren Lehmann has said that David Warner is in strong contention to play the first Test at Trent Bridge, after the end of his suspension period, while making it clear that he would pick teams based on performance and not reputation.
According to The Guardian, Warner has been the first man to train and Lehmann thinks his attitude has been good, with him being part of the bigger picture.
Lehmann said that he had little control over what happened in the past but Warner had to improve his attitude and put a full stop to the incident with Joe Root.
Warner had punched Joe Root in a Birmingham bar after the Australian opener was angered by the sight of the Yorkshire batsman wearing a green and gold wig following England`s victory over Australia in the ICC Champions Trophy at Edgbaston.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor