Darren Sammy fined for slow over rate
Zeenews Sports Bureau
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has imposed West Indies captain Darren Sammy a fine of 80 percent of his match fee for slow over rate during their five-wicket defeat by England in the first Test at Lord`s, said on Monday.
All the players in the team were fined 40 percent as West Indies were ruled four overs short of their target. However, ICC rules state that the captain must pay the double. Another over-rate offence in the next year means one-match suspension for Darren Sammy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire