Darren Sammy fined for slow over rate
Zeenews Sports Bureau
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has imposed West Indies captain Darren Sammy a fine of 80 percent of his match fee for slow over rate during their five-wicket defeat by England in the first Test at Lord`s, said on Monday.
All the players in the team were fined 40 percent as West Indies were ruled four overs short of their target. However, ICC rules state that the captain must pay the double. Another over-rate offence in the next year means one-match suspension for Darren Sammy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!