Darren Sammy to lead West Indies in India tour
St John`s (Antigua and Barbuda): All-rounder Darren Sammy will lead the 15-member West Indies cricket team for the upcoming tour of India, starting next month.
During the tour, West Indies will play two Test matches from November 6-10 and November 14-18.
Apart from the Tests, the series will also feature three One-Day Internationals to be held on November 21, 24 and 27, the venues of which are yet to be announced.
The 15-member squad includes as many as seven players -- Kirk Edwards, Kieron Powell, Sheldon Cottrell, Narsingh Deonarine, Veerasammy Permaul, Shane Shillingford and Chadwick Walton -- from the West Indies A side which is presently touring India.
A spokesman for the West Indies Cricket Board, however, said that left-arm pacer Sheldon Cottrell will be available for the series only after passing a fitness test conducted by the WICB`s medical panel.
Squad: Darren Sammy (captain), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Sheldon Cottrell, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Veersammy Permaul, Kieron Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels, Shane Shillingford, Chadwick Walton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`