Darren Sammy to lead West Indies in India tour
St John`s (Antigua and Barbuda): All-rounder Darren Sammy will lead the 15-member West Indies cricket team for the upcoming tour of India, starting next month.
During the tour, West Indies will play two Test matches from November 6-10 and November 14-18.
Apart from the Tests, the series will also feature three One-Day Internationals to be held on November 21, 24 and 27, the venues of which are yet to be announced.
The 15-member squad includes as many as seven players -- Kirk Edwards, Kieron Powell, Sheldon Cottrell, Narsingh Deonarine, Veerasammy Permaul, Shane Shillingford and Chadwick Walton -- from the West Indies A side which is presently touring India.
A spokesman for the West Indies Cricket Board, however, said that left-arm pacer Sheldon Cottrell will be available for the series only after passing a fitness test conducted by the WICB`s medical panel.
Squad: Darren Sammy (captain), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Sheldon Cottrell, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Veersammy Permaul, Kieron Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels, Shane Shillingford, Chadwick Walton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’